Criteria of Business Email setup and implementation
During business email setup, there are several important criteria to consider:
- Hosted email solution – You can choose between two options for business email setup: in-house and hosted email. Usually, owning an in-house business email does not have a financial benefit to the company. This option assumes a limited amount of storage, as well as your own responsibility for updates and backups. On the other hand, if you choose a hosted email solution, email hosting providers take the trouble and free up your IT team. Hosted business email setup also means dynamic storage and scalability based on your company's needs, allowing you to grow.
- Sufficient server space – You need to choose between shared and dedicated hosting based on the size of your business and the amount of email storage you need. Small companies opt for shared hosting when your physical server is shared by multiple tenants. This option is very affordable and still has all the benefits of business email hosting services such as security, reliability and privacy. Large companies can expand to dedicated business email servers. Usually, this variant has more options for customization.
- A trusted provider – It's crucial not only to decide what type of business email setup to prefer but also what provider to choose. Choose a solid provider who has years of proven experience. Reliable provider should have uptime guarantee, high level of security, making your job easier and providing expert support.
Business Email Setup with Microsoft
Outlook is one of the best business email setup for Microsoft that includes Exchange Server, Exchange Online, and Office 365. Its features include:
- It keeps safe your business confidential data.
- It gives you an opportunity to create rules to structure and organize emails.
- It has a built-in calendar which allows you to schedule and manage meetings or events.
- It allows to find people, messages, documents in email easily.
- It provides intelligent reminders.
- It allows to make plans and coordinate schedules by sharing calendars and seeing when your coworkers are available.
- It helps you to find the needed information quickly.
Business Email Setup with Linux
The advantage of Linux is that there are many open source applications available for free, which allows you to find the best email solution for your requirements. More than that, there is a more wide range of email solutions for the Linux desktop than for Windows. So you can choose an email solution which suits you the best. Among such resources there are, for example:
- Thunderbird. Advantages: open-source, support for online storage providers, tabbed email interface, extensive add-on library. Disadvantages: dated interface, some key features require third-party addons.
- Evolution. Advantages: open-source, supports Microsoft Exchange servers, stylistically fits the Gnome desktop. Disadvantages: relatively resource-intensive, old-school interface.
- KMail. Advantages: open-source, built-in support for OpenPGP end-to-end encryption, support for spam checkers. Disadvantages: can't use with Microsoft Exchange, cumbersome install if you don't use a KDE distro.
Still have questions? We can help you find the right service for your email program.