Why Data Security is important?
The Ponemon Institute's Cost of Data Breach Study found that on average, the damage caused by a data breach in the USA was $8 million. 25,575 user accounts were impacted in the average data incident, which means that beyond financial losses, most incidents lead to loss of customer trust and damage to reputation. Data security is critical to public and a private sector. Big corporations and organizations around the world tend to invest heavily in information technology (IT) cyber security capabilities to protect their critical assets. Whether an enterprise needs to protect a brand, intellectual capital, and customer information or provide controls for critical infrastructure, the means for incident detection and response to protecting organizational interests have three common elements: people, processes, and technology.
Normally, the data can be protected against physical theft, attacks over the network and theft by people you trust. Data protection is defined as "legal control over access to and use of data".
What are the types of Data Security?
There are several technologies and practices that can improve data security. No one technique can solve the problem, but by combining several of the techniques below, organizations can significantly improve their security posture.
- Access Controls limits both physical and digital access to critical systems and data.
- Backups and Recovery create a plan to securely access data in the event of system failure, disaster, data corruption, or breach.
- Data Erasure verifies that the data is unrecoverable and therefore won't fall into the wrong hands.
- Data Masking makes sure that information is hidden by obscuring letters and numbers with proxy characters.
- Data Resiliency means that your systems can endure or recover from failures.
- Encryption transforms text characters into an unreadable format via encryption keys.
How does Data Security and Virus Protection work together?
Being part of security antivirus software is one of the most widely adopted security tools for both personal and commercial use. There are many different antivirus software vendors in the market, but they all use pretty much the same techniques to detect malicious code, namely signatures and heuristics. Data security solutions facilitate the proper handling of this data, helping organizations achieve and maintain compliance through the management and control of data at rest, in use, and in motion. With these tools you will always feel safe because your date is under 24/7 protection.
Should you have any further questions, please refer to one of our specialists who will eagerly help you to discover the whole new world of security and virus protection of your PC.